Anatel published Act 6506 regarding the new testing procedures for conformity assessment of restricted radio communications equipment as well as defining the process for transitioning to the new requirements.
As of 9/27/2018, all approval processes must comply with ANATEL Act 14448, and radiated emissions & radiated RF immunity testing must be performed for the following types of equipment:
- Radio communications equipment
- General purpose radio equipment
- Restricted radiation transceiver
- Digital transceiver (and transmit-only)
- Transceivers for base stations
- Power line communications transceiver, narrow band
- Wireless microphones
Additional equipment types are included in this list for new mandatory testing.
For type approvals projects which are currently in process, there are conditions in which you may avoid this new mandatory testing – please contact LARCG for the full list of equipment, and to know how this new requirement will affect your approvals process in Brazil.