Anatel published Act 6506 regarding the new testing procedures for conformity assessment of restricted radio communications equipment as well as defining the process for transitioning to the new requirements.
As of Sept. 27, 2018, all approval processes must comply with ANATEL Act 14448, and radiated emissions & radiated RF immunity testing must be performed for the following types of equipment:
- Radio communications equipment
- General purpose radio equipment
- Restricted radiation transceiver
- Digital transceiver (and transmit-only)
- Transceivers for base stations
- Power line communications transceiver, narrow band
- Wireless microphones
Additional equipment types are included in this list for new mandatory testing.
Type approvals projects currently in process may be able to avoid the new testing requirement. Contact LARCG for the full list of equipment and to find out how the requirement will affect your approvals process in Brazil.