Changes to ANATEL Resolution 680
Brazil’s national telecommunications regulatory agency, ANATEL, has published Act 14448 replacing Act 11542 from Resolution 680. This new Act will take effect Ninety (90) days after the date of this publication.
- Additions of sub-items 4.1.6 and 4.1.7 to the General Conditions Statement: These determine the applicability of all the technical requirements for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and safety testing. In summary, required testing outlined in Resolution 442 and Resolution 529 could be avoided before, depending on the technical requirements of certain devices; however, these tests must now be performed pursuant of Act 14448. The main impact will be for transceivers, which now must undergo radiated testing. Within the Ninety (90) days prior to the implementation of Act 14448, the evaluation of conformity will observe the current technical requirements, with exception to radiated emissions and immunity to radiated radio frequency disturbances.
- The limits for spurious emissions, or emissions outside the frequency band of 72-73 MHz, 74.6-74.8 MHz and 75.2-76 MHz must be in accordance to the table below. These frequencies are generally used in hearing aid equipment. For the next Ninety (90) days while Act 14448 is not in effect, the limit for 72-73 MHz, 74.6-74.8 MHz and 75.2-76 MHz should be restricted to the limit of 1,500 microvolts/meter measured at 3 meters distance, as stated on Act 11542.
Furthermore, the permissible range for Microphone frequency bandwidths has been reduced from 614 – 806 MHz to 614 – 698 MHz as stated in Act 14448.
Act 14448 also changes the order of specific technology, removing for example Hearing Aids and Cordless phones; subsequently, adding them to System for Transmission of Audio, Video and Other Application
- General Conditions (Addition of items mentioned above)
- Specific Conditions of use
- Periodic Operating Devices
- Biomedical Telemetry Equipment
- Material Condition Telemetry
- Sensor/Emitting Electromagnetic Field Variation
- Equipment Using Spectral Spreading Technology or other Digital Modulation Technology
- Wireless Broadband Access System for local networks
- Equipment for location of cables
- Telecommand Systems
- General Radiocommunication Equipment
- Low Power Radio Systems operating at 19 GHz
- Systems Operating in the Bands of 57-67 GHz
- Equipment Blocker of Radiocommunication Signal
- Systems operationg in the Ultra-Wide Radiofrequency bands
- Systems for transmission of Audio, Video and Other application
- Application of requirements.