CRC, Colombia’s communications regulator (Comision de Regulacion de Comunicaciones), has released Resolution 5031/2016 (which modifies Cap. 1, title XIII of resolution CRT 087-1997) with enforcement starting July 8,2017.
All mobile devices using voice and/or data cellular (with an IMEI or any equivalent identification number) will require homologation in Colombia if they operate in the frequency bands 850 MHz, 1900 MHz, AWS (1700-2100 MHz) and 2500 MHz. Norms for connection to the network are as follows:
- Landline and cordless landline phones — Colombia Resolution CRT 1673 2006, FCC Part 68, or ETSI ES203-021
- Satellite phones — Technical standards of Colombia Resolution 3610 from 1997, FCC Part 25
- Mobile devices
- 850 MHz: FCC Part 22 Subpart H
- 1900 MHz: FCC Part 24, Subpart E
- 1700/2100 MHz: FCC Part 27
- 2500 MHz: ETSI EN 301 908-13
Documentation requirements remain the same for the approval process for mobile devices.
Contact LARCG for a detailed list of requirements.